The Advanced SaaS KPI Dashboard is designed to use the native power of Intacct reporting and dashboards to provide key business information to subscription-based business leaders. It is designed to use a standardized order entry workflow and support the standard Order Entry integration with Salesforce. It runs using a hosted web services application to automate postings to non-financial and statistical accounts based on every-day transacting.
The dashboard tracks metrics such as: Committed Monthly Recurring Revenue (CMRR), Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC), Churn, Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV), etc. All postings are calculated by the system as you process orders in Order Entry.
Automated CMRR Posting
Active Churn and Unchurn
- New, Recovered (customers that have resubscribed), Uplift (price increases), Add-on (quantity increases), Markdown (price decreases), Downgrade (quantity decreases), Churn, Renewal, Foreign Exchange Float (change in CMRR due to foreign exchange), Open (CMRR pending renewal that has no decision made yet by customer)
- Postings include key dimensions such as Entity, Customer, and Item for advanced reporting. Subscription changes are calculated automatically by the system so you don't have to figure out what is an add-on, downgrade, or uplift.
- A customer is never churned unless the end user clicks a custom button on the customer record screen. Dashboard users have the option of churning the customer after the normal contract end date, or churning the customer early, if appropriate. Once churned, the system detects that the customer is churned and changes the Churn button to an Unchurn button. If a customer was mistakenly churned, clicking the Unchurn button will reverse the impact of the churn.
JE Links to Source Transactions
- Key Dimensions are used to determine what represents a contract line to a company and these dimensions are posted along with all CMRR entries. If a dimension is NOT a Key Dimension, then changing that dimension value from an order to the renewal will have no impact on the calculation of add-on, uplift, etc. If the dimension is a key dimension, then changing a dimension on the renewal will cause the customization to treat it as a new product on the contract rather than a renewal of an existing project.
Pending Renewal / Open CMRR
- When the customization creates journal entries for Sales Orders that post, it will automatically update all journal entries with a hyperlink back to the original order.
Foreign Exchange and Global Consolidation
- The customization allows for posting contract end transactions to an Open CMRR bucket which is not displayed in the total CMRR or contraction CMRR calculations. This pending Open CMRR account will not impact CMRR until either a Renewal order or a Churn is processed. If a Renewal is processed, any remaining value in the Open CMRR account will be moved to the Downgrade CMRR account. This feature allows for late renewals to not impact contraction CMRR until the customer affirmatively renews or churns.
...and many more!
- If a company is configured to be multi-currency (even if not multi-base currency), the customization will pull the transaction currency for postings, and will post all entries in the transaction currency except for foreign exchange float entries which will necessarily be posted on the base currency. If foreign exchange is not configured, the customization will simply read the line totals in the base currency and post all entries without defining a currency. The accounts used by the customization are designed to be used for global consolidations. Currency-related fields are setup as standard GL Accounts which will be consolidated to the Consolidation currency. Statistical accounts are used for non-financial data (such as customer counts) so that the values in these accounts are not translated during a consolidation.
Intacct Web Services;
AcctTwo is focused on delivering the future of finance and accounting to our customers. AcctTwo has three main solutions – Cloud-based Accounting Software, Managed Accounting Services, and Software Development, all built around Sage Intacct’s best-in-class financial applications. Our dedicated team of over 100 people has helped more than 800 organizations optimize finance and accounting through software implementations, accounting outsourcing, and consulting. AcctTwo has been recognized by Sage Intacct as its Partner of the Year from 2014 – 2019 and by our customers as a leader in overall satisfaction and popularity through their reviews on G2 Crowd.
AcctTwo is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has been named Sage Intacct’s overall Partner of the Year from 2014 through 2019. For more information, please visit www.accttwo.com or call 713-744-8400.